- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
No fewer than 7 persons lost their lives in a stampede that happened at the APC Presidential rally in Rivers state today Tuesday, February 12th.
The rally which held at the Adokiye Amasiamaka Stadium Portharcourt, had more occupants than it could contain. As the crowd began to spill out of the stadium, a stampede ensued and seven persons were counted dead after the situation was brought under control.
Their remains have since been deposited in the morgue. See more photos from the scene below