- FG to shut down Enugu airport for 'security reasons'
- Nigerian homosexuals are now the top asylum seekers in Canada - New Report
- I started robbing only women after losing N6m in sports betting - Abuja robbery suspect
- Former President Jonathan speaks on withdrawing ‘Billions’ from Nigerian treasury
- Jose Mourinho to return to management in July after Manchester United sacking
Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, has hailed his side’s 1-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
Pogba, speaking after the game, admitted it was a “big test” and said a team performance was important.
“Obviously it was very important, it was a big test. Tottenham needed points and we needed points.
“A team performance was the key of the game and we did it. We’re really proud of it,” he said.
Marcus Rashford scored the only goal of the match in the first half, latching onto a long pass from Pogba, to finish past Hugo Lloris.
“It’s a great ball, but we’ve been training on this. We scored a goal and here we were prepared. We knew it would be very difficult.
“Rashford helped me with the run,i tried to give him the perfect pass,” Pogba added.
Spurs came out fighting in the second half, but could not find a way past an inspired David De Gea, who made an oustanding 11 saves at Wembley.