- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN has explained why the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, failed to appear before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Monday.
Olanipekun led 46 Senior Advocates of Nigeria and 43 other lawyers to the CCT on Monday in defence of the CJN.
He told the tribunal that the CJN had filed a motion dated January 14, challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him.
“We are not just challenging jurisdiction, we are even challenging the jurisdiction of this tribunal to even sniff that charge”, Olanipekun submitted
The charge that was filed by the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, had accused the CJN of operating foreign bank accounts aside allegation that he failed to declare his assets.