- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN has explained why the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, failed to appear before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Monday.
Olanipekun led 46 Senior Advocates of Nigeria and 43 other lawyers to the CCT on Monday in defence of the CJN.
He told the tribunal that the CJN had filed a motion dated January 14, challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him.
“We are not just challenging jurisdiction, we are even challenging the jurisdiction of this tribunal to even sniff that charge”, Olanipekun submitted
The charge that was filed by the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, had accused the CJN of operating foreign bank accounts aside allegation that he failed to declare his assets.