- FG to shut down Enugu airport for 'security reasons'
- Nigerian homosexuals are now the top asylum seekers in Canada - New Report
- I started robbing only women after losing N6m in sports betting - Abuja robbery suspect
- Former President Jonathan speaks on withdrawing ‘Billions’ from Nigerian treasury
- Jose Mourinho to return to management in July after Manchester United sacking
Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN has explained why the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, failed to appear before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Monday.
Olanipekun led 46 Senior Advocates of Nigeria and 43 other lawyers to the CCT on Monday in defence of the CJN.
He told the tribunal that the CJN had filed a motion dated January 14, challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him.
“We are not just challenging jurisdiction, we are even challenging the jurisdiction of this tribunal to even sniff that charge”, Olanipekun submitted
The charge that was filed by the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, had accused the CJN of operating foreign bank accounts aside allegation that he failed to declare his assets.