- How Osun residents contributed N1.5m ransom that freed kidnapped traditional chief
- Newly elected APC legislators from Osun charged to be disciplined, selfless in service
- If chapter 2 of 1999 constitution can be enforced, Nigeria's democracy will be strong- Oyetola
- Engage public officials in critical criticism like in military era, varsity professor charges journalists
- Osogbo council chair denies working against interests of APC, Oyetola's govt
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has condemned President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to sign the Electoral Amendment Bill.
Buhari had for the third time withheld his assent to the bill.
This was disclosed by Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang.
Addressing State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Enang refused to state Buhari’s reasons for his action.
Atiku on his Twitter page, urged Nigerians not to take President Buhari assurance of a free and fair 2019 election seriously.
The former Vice President stated that Buhari has again missed an opportunity to fulfill his promise to Nigerians.
Atiku wrote: “President, assurances that your administration will conduct free, fair and credible elections can not be taken seriously.
“For Nigerians and especially us in the opposition, you just missed an opportunity to walk the talk.”