- Osun govt embarks on revitalisation of general hospitals, 323 primary healthcare centres
- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has condemned President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to sign the Electoral Amendment Bill.
Buhari had for the third time withheld his assent to the bill.
This was disclosed by Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang.
Addressing State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Enang refused to state Buhari’s reasons for his action.
Atiku on his Twitter page, urged Nigerians not to take President Buhari assurance of a free and fair 2019 election seriously.
The former Vice President stated that Buhari has again missed an opportunity to fulfill his promise to Nigerians.
Atiku wrote: “President, assurances that your administration will conduct free, fair and credible elections can not be taken seriously.
“For Nigerians and especially us in the opposition, you just missed an opportunity to walk the talk.”