- LAUTECH graduate burns his Bsc, NYSC certificates after 5 years of joblessness
- How Osun residents contributed N1.5m ransom that freed kidnapped traditional chief
- Newly elected APC legislators from Osun charged to be disciplined, selfless in service
- If chapter 2 of 1999 constitution can be enforced, Nigeria's democracy will be strong- Oyetola
- Engage public officials in critical criticism like in military era, varsity professor charges journalists
The Director General of the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Festus Keyamo, SAN, has said that the Senate cannot muster the number to override President Muhammadu Buhari on the Electoral Act amendment Bill.
President Buhari yesterday withdrew his ascent from the bill, saying it was to avoid chaos.
The Senior lawyer was reacting to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s call on the Senate to override the President.
According to Tribune, Keyamo said that the PDP was just grandstanding, noting that there was no need for any fear over the refusal of the president to assent to the electoral bill.
“The 2015 elections, which were adjudged by all, including the international observers, to be free and fair, were conducted using the 2010 Electoral Law.
“If that law is still extant, why the worry over the refusal of the president to assent to the Electoral Act (amendment bill)? He told reporters.
“The PDP said the Senate should override the president. They should go ahead if they can muster the number.
“They will have to debate it robustly and nobody is fighting because that is democracy. There is no need for fear.”