- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo on Friday visited the site of the collapsed building which killed two people at Jabi, Abuja.
Yemi Osinbajo visited the scene alongside the Secretary to the Government, Boss Gidahyelda Mustapha and the Minister of the Federal Capital territory, Alhaji Muhammad Musa Bello.
Eastern Reporter had reported that a four-storey building, Friday, collapsed in the Jabi area of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, killing two people instantly, while many others were trapped.
An eyewitness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity told DAILY POST that the building collapsed because it was built with substandard materials.
Speaking during his visit, Osinbajo commiserated with the victims of the incident.
He tweeted, “This evening, I visited the site of the building that collapsed in Abuja.
“My heart goes out to the family that lost someone today. There are no words to describe how you must be feeling.
“On behalf of this nation, please accept our sincere condolences.
“To all of the people who were injured, we wish you speedy recovery.
“Thank you to officials of the FCT Fire Service and NEMA for conducting rescue operations quickly. Your actions saved lives today, thank you so very much.”