- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo on Friday visited the site of the collapsed building which killed two people at Jabi, Abuja.
Yemi Osinbajo visited the scene alongside the Secretary to the Government, Boss Gidahyelda Mustapha and the Minister of the Federal Capital territory, Alhaji Muhammad Musa Bello.
Eastern Reporter had reported that a four-storey building, Friday, collapsed in the Jabi area of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, killing two people instantly, while many others were trapped.
An eyewitness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity told DAILY POST that the building collapsed because it was built with substandard materials.
Speaking during his visit, Osinbajo commiserated with the victims of the incident.
He tweeted, “This evening, I visited the site of the building that collapsed in Abuja.
“My heart goes out to the family that lost someone today. There are no words to describe how you must be feeling.
“On behalf of this nation, please accept our sincere condolences.
“To all of the people who were injured, we wish you speedy recovery.
“Thank you to officials of the FCT Fire Service and NEMA for conducting rescue operations quickly. Your actions saved lives today, thank you so very much.”