- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo on Friday visited the site of the collapsed building which killed two people at Jabi, Abuja.
Yemi Osinbajo visited the scene alongside the Secretary to the Government, Boss Gidahyelda Mustapha and the Minister of the Federal Capital territory, Alhaji Muhammad Musa Bello.
Eastern Reporter had reported that a four-storey building, Friday, collapsed in the Jabi area of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, killing two people instantly, while many others were trapped.
An eyewitness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity told DAILY POST that the building collapsed because it was built with substandard materials.
Speaking during his visit, Osinbajo commiserated with the victims of the incident.
He tweeted, “This evening, I visited the site of the building that collapsed in Abuja.
“My heart goes out to the family that lost someone today. There are no words to describe how you must be feeling.
“On behalf of this nation, please accept our sincere condolences.
“To all of the people who were injured, we wish you speedy recovery.
“Thank you to officials of the FCT Fire Service and NEMA for conducting rescue operations quickly. Your actions saved lives today, thank you so very much.”