- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
The Senate President, Bukola Saraki on Friday met with the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel.
Saraki on his visit to Akwa Ibom was accompanied by other senators, including Bassey Albert who is from the state, Dino Melaye, Biodun Olujimi, Phillip Aduda, Clifford Ordia, and Isa Misau.
The Commissioner for Information in the state, Charles Udoh, told newsmen in the state that Saraki’s visit to the state was to show solidarity with Governor Emmanuel.
Udoh said the Senate president addressed the PDP leaders in the state, including members of the House of Representatives and the state House of Assembly.
“Saraki led a delegation of some senators to show solidarity with the governor.
“He told the governor that he has the full support of his office and his colleagues in the National Assembly,” Udom said.
Meanwhile, former Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio stirred political tension in the state after he announced his defection from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)