- Buhari would rather lose than rig 2019 elections - Femi Adesina
- Diddy's twins spotted out for the first time since the death of their mother
- Photo of LASU graduate’s original certificate found at a suya spot
- You are a true democrat, you will rise again - Buhari tells Jonathan
- Goodluck Jonathan reveals those behind his defeat In 2015
The Senate President, Bukola Saraki on Friday met with the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel.
Saraki on his visit to Akwa Ibom was accompanied by other senators, including Bassey Albert who is from the state, Dino Melaye, Biodun Olujimi, Phillip Aduda, Clifford Ordia, and Isa Misau.
The Commissioner for Information in the state, Charles Udoh, told newsmen in the state that Saraki’s visit to the state was to show solidarity with Governor Emmanuel.
Udoh said the Senate president addressed the PDP leaders in the state, including members of the House of Representatives and the state House of Assembly.
“Saraki led a delegation of some senators to show solidarity with the governor.
“He told the governor that he has the full support of his office and his colleagues in the National Assembly,” Udom said.
Meanwhile, former Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio stirred political tension in the state after he announced his defection from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)