- Osun govt embarks on revitalisation of general hospitals, 323 primary healthcare centres
- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
Arsenal manager, Unai Emery has warned star midfielder, Mesut Ozil not to be slack in defensive duties as the Gunners prepare to face Chelsea on Saturday.
The manager said Mesut Ozil must carry out the same defensive duties as his team-mates at the Stamford Bridge.
Unai Emery’s men travel to west London to play Chelsea seeking their first points of the season following a 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Emirates last Sunday.
Mesut Ozil struggled against Manchester City on Sunday as the Gunners were afforded just 41% possession against Pep Guardiola’s men.
It could be a similar scenario against the Blues and Emery has warned Ozil he will not be carried if he doesn’t perform his role off the ball
“There are defensive moments and attacking moments,” Emery told reporters at pre-match conference on Friday, when asked about Ozil.
“Every player needs this commitment. We need to start together, whether we are attacking or defending. I want that from every player, defensive moments are for each and every player.
“Ozil has played all his career like a No 10, like a right winger going inside to receive the ball. It’s clear he needs the ball more, to give more options in the attacking moments.
“He needs to do that in each match – be demanding for us.”