- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has reacted to the collapsed building incident, which killed two people at Jabi, Abuja.
Eastern Reporter had reported that a four-storey building, Friday, collapsed in the Jabi area of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, killing two people instantly.
An eyewitness, who spoke on a condition of anonymity, told Eastern Reporter that the building collapsed because it was built with substandard materials.
Scores were reportedly still trapped as men of National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, the Nigeria Police and other security agencies have been mobilized to the scene for rescue operations.
Atiku, writing on his Twitter page, offered his condolences to the victims of the incident.
The former Vice President wrote: “My thoughts and prayers are with families of all those affected by the tragedy of the collapsed building in Jabi area of Abuja. May they be comforted.”