- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
A former Governor of Rivers State, Peter Odili, has said that he would grant conscience amnesty to those who realised they offended him.
He said this while responding to Governor Nyesom Wike’s plea to forgive those who betrayed him (Odili).
He said, “I have forgiven. I will attempt to command my mind to forget. I will grant conscience amnesty to those whose conscience have told them that they offended me.”
On Wike’s loyalty and stewardship, he said, “Today, I feel I am properly handing over to my successor.”
Odili also called on all Rivers people, irrespective of political affiliation, to totally support Wike, to consolidate the rapid rise of a new Rivers State.
Odili spoke at the special Thanksgiving Mass to mark his 70th birthday celebration organised by the Rivers State Government at Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Chaplaincy, CIWA, Port Harcourt, yesterday.
He said, “Let me use this opportunity to urge our people, all Rivers men and women, our chiefs and the entire political class, everybody that is proud to be identified and called a Rivers man or woman, to give your total support to Governor, Wike.
“I am not saying it from a political position. I am talking from the position of an elder-statesman.
“This is because, with his leadership, we can achieve total cohesion and unity of our people.
“Once that is achieved, the sky is the take off point for the New Rivers State that he is building.”