- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
Real Madrid have sent an official complaint to FIFA, over what they describe as an illegal approach by Inter Milan for their player, Luka Modric, ESPN reports.
President of the LaLiga giants, Florentino Perez, insisted earlier this month that the Croatia midfielder has a €750million release clause in his contract, which still has two years left to run.
However, a FIFA spokesperson has confirmed that Real Madrid have now reported Inter, over an alleged approach to the player without their consent.
There is also the matter of the Serie A side openly speaking about the player, with coach Luciano Spalletti saying recently that “we are trying to create the right conditions for him to join Inter Milan.”
Inter Director, Piero Ausilio reportedly said, “We’ll see” when asked about Modric, before they played Atletico Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano in the International Champions Cup last weekend.
Italy’s transfer window closed on Friday, August 17 at 20:00 CET.