- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
Manchester United and England legend, Paul Scholes, has predicted that Manchester City will win the Premier League again this season.
Manchester City were the champions last term, breaking Premier League records on their way to lifting the trophy.
Again, their title defence got off to a great start last weekend as the Citizens beat Arsenal 2-0 at the Emirates in the Premier League opener.
“I think Manchester City will win the Premier League again,” Scholes told the Premier League on Thursday evening.
“They won the league by a distance last year and they look just as good as ever when I saw them the other day. So I expect City to win the league.
“We don’t know what Chelsea are going to be like, we don’t know what Arsenal are going to be like with their new coaches.
“But I’d go for City to win the league, Liverpool second, Manchester United third and I’ll go for Tottenham fourth.”
Liverpool superstar, Mohamed Salah grabbed the Golden Boot last season, scoring 32 goals for the Reds, two more than closest rival, Harry Kane.
The Egyptian opened his 2018/19 account by scoring Liverpool’s opener against West Ham but Scholes said that the City ace, Sergio Aguero or Kane could be the players to beat this term.
“I know City will make the most chances, there’s no doubt about that. Can Aguero stay fit for all of it?” Scholes added.
“If Aguero played every game, no doubt he’d be the one for me.
“But I can’t look past Harry Kane. I think he’s a sensational centre-forward, he takes penalties as well, takes free-kicks, takes everything.
“So I’m going to go for Harry Kane for the Golden Boot.”