- Buhari would rather lose than rig 2019 elections - Femi Adesina
- Diddy's twins spotted out for the first time since the death of their mother
- Photo of LASU graduate’s original certificate found at a suya spot
- You are a true democrat, you will rise again - Buhari tells Jonathan
- Goodluck Jonathan reveals those behind his defeat In 2015
Hundreds of fans of Fresh FM Ibadan, a private radio station owned by a popular Juju musician, Mr. Yinka Ayefele on Thursday protested against the planned demolition of some part of Music House which houses the radio station.
Oyo State government, DAILY POST gathered had served the owner of the building a demolition notice over alleged non approval of some of its structures.
Ayefele had in a statement on Wednesday noted that “saying that Music House Complex is responsible for three accidents that occurred on the road in the last nine months is just an attempt by the Commissioner to run away from his shadow. How can a reasonable person say that?
“It is not news that the Governor of the state himself said some politicians came to him to demolish the Music House Complex because Ayefele is not in their camp and he also sang against them. We have the Governor on tape, so the Commissioner should look for another excuse”.
The radio station fans, who gathered under the banner of Fresh FM Ibadan fans Thursday afternoon, said that the planned demolition was another way by the government to silence the people from having a voice on issues that concern them.
The fans and well wishers of the radio station who besieged gates of the radio station said they would continue to protest against the government’s demolition attempt.