- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
Atletico Madrid striker, Diego Costa has disclosed that he admired fellow Spain teammate, Sergio Ramos after his side defeated Real Madrid 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup played on Wednesday night at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia.
Costa, who scored two goals for Diego Simeone’s men, claimed that he shares a ‘big friendship’ with Ramos despite their altercation on the pitch.
The former Chelsea striker, however, said Ramos was a great player, adding that the Los Blancos captained helped him a lot at the national team.
“Everyone knows I admire Ramos. He is a really great player and he has shown year after year how good he is,” Metro quoted Costa as saying at post-match after Atletico win.
“We have a big friendship even though you could not see it today. He helped me a lot at the beginning when I was in the national team.
“So I respect him but we both know that on the pitch we must fight for our team. He’s a strong player always looking for the win, as do I.
“Whatever happens on the pitch, after the final whistle we shake hands and that’s the end of the story.”