- FG to shut down Enugu airport for 'security reasons'
- Nigerian homosexuals are now the top asylum seekers in Canada - New Report
- I started robbing only women after losing N6m in sports betting - Abuja robbery suspect
- Former President Jonathan speaks on withdrawing ‘Billions’ from Nigerian treasury
- Jose Mourinho to return to management in July after Manchester United sacking
Atletico Madrid striker, Diego Costa has disclosed that he admired fellow Spain teammate, Sergio Ramos after his side defeated Real Madrid 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup played on Wednesday night at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia.
Costa, who scored two goals for Diego Simeone’s men, claimed that he shares a ‘big friendship’ with Ramos despite their altercation on the pitch.
The former Chelsea striker, however, said Ramos was a great player, adding that the Los Blancos captained helped him a lot at the national team.
“Everyone knows I admire Ramos. He is a really great player and he has shown year after year how good he is,” Metro quoted Costa as saying at post-match after Atletico win.
“We have a big friendship even though you could not see it today. He helped me a lot at the beginning when I was in the national team.
“So I respect him but we both know that on the pitch we must fight for our team. He’s a strong player always looking for the win, as do I.
“Whatever happens on the pitch, after the final whistle we shake hands and that’s the end of the story.”