- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Atletico Madrid forward, Antoine Griezmann has hit at Real Madrid captain, Sergio Ramos after his side defeated the Los Blancos 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup played on Wednesday night at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia.
Goals from Diego Costa (2), Saul Niguez and Koke secured the victory after extra time as Diego Simeone’s men got their first major trophy of the season at the expense of their city rivals.
Griezmann, who had a very quiet game, took to his Instagram page to post a picture of himself sitting on a throne while holding the Super Cup ball with Ramos crowning him.
However, Givemesport quoted Griezmann as saying after Atletico’s win that, “I have confidence in this club, in Cholo (Simeone). Today I saw that I was not wrong.
“I was a running in water a bit because it was my second game. In the end the important thing was to get ahead on the scoreboard, we made a very complete final.
“We know that physically the two teams have not reached 100 per cent – the key was the desire to win.
“It was time for us to win the UEFA Super Cup again, it was very important to start the season like this.”