- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
Atletico Madrid forward, Antoine Griezmann has hit at Real Madrid captain, Sergio Ramos after his side defeated the Los Blancos 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup played on Wednesday night at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia.
Goals from Diego Costa (2), Saul Niguez and Koke secured the victory after extra time as Diego Simeone’s men got their first major trophy of the season at the expense of their city rivals.
Griezmann, who had a very quiet game, took to his Instagram page to post a picture of himself sitting on a throne while holding the Super Cup ball with Ramos crowning him.
However, Givemesport quoted Griezmann as saying after Atletico’s win that, “I have confidence in this club, in Cholo (Simeone). Today I saw that I was not wrong.
“I was a running in water a bit because it was my second game. In the end the important thing was to get ahead on the scoreboard, we made a very complete final.
“We know that physically the two teams have not reached 100 per cent – the key was the desire to win.
“It was time for us to win the UEFA Super Cup again, it was very important to start the season like this.”