- Buhari would rather lose than rig 2019 elections - Femi Adesina
- Diddy's twins spotted out for the first time since the death of their mother
- Photo of LASU graduate’s original certificate found at a suya spot
- You are a true democrat, you will rise again - Buhari tells Jonathan
- Goodluck Jonathan reveals those behind his defeat In 2015
Atletico Madrid forward, Antoine Griezmann has hit at Real Madrid captain, Sergio Ramos after his side defeated the Los Blancos 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup played on Wednesday night at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia.
Goals from Diego Costa (2), Saul Niguez and Koke secured the victory after extra time as Diego Simeone’s men got their first major trophy of the season at the expense of their city rivals.
Griezmann, who had a very quiet game, took to his Instagram page to post a picture of himself sitting on a throne while holding the Super Cup ball with Ramos crowning him.
However, Givemesport quoted Griezmann as saying after Atletico’s win that, “I have confidence in this club, in Cholo (Simeone). Today I saw that I was not wrong.
“I was a running in water a bit because it was my second game. In the end the important thing was to get ahead on the scoreboard, we made a very complete final.
“We know that physically the two teams have not reached 100 per cent – the key was the desire to win.
“It was time for us to win the UEFA Super Cup again, it was very important to start the season like this.”