- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
Atletico Madrid head coach, Diego Simeone on Wednesday night made history after his side defeated Real Madrid 4-2 in the UEFA Super Cup played on Wednesday night at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn, Estonia.
Goals from Diego Costa (2), Saul Niguez and Koke secured the victory after extra time as Diego Simeone’s men clinched their first major trophy of the season at the expense of their city rivals.
After defeating the Los Blancos, Simeone became the first Atletico manager to win a final against Real Madrid in three different competitions: Copa del Rey, Supercopa and UEFA Super Cup.
Simeone’s side finished in second position behind La Liga champions, Barcelona, with 79 points from 38 matches last season.
Meanwhile, Atletico will kick off their 2018-19 La Liga season against Valencia this weekend.