- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
Osun State government has declared Monday, August 20, 2018 as public holiday to commemorate the annual Isese festival.
Isese Day is a public holiday set aside for traditional believers in the state by the Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s administration.
This was contained in a statement signed and issued by Dr Adebisi Obawale, the State
Commissioner for Home Affairs to journalists in Osogbo on Thursday.
According to the statement, the holiday is in recognition of the annual Isese festival’s grand finale, which allows the adherents of traditional religion to come together for the annual celebration.
Also known as Traditional Worshipers Day, Isese Day is the celebration of the peak of festivities among adherents of traditional religion.
The government enjoined all the traditional believers to celebrate the Isese day in peace and avoid any act capable of breaching the peace of the state.