- "No one knows tomorrow" woman says as her former boss during NYSC becomes a corps member serving in her state
- PDP members are disappointed Buhari refused to die after his illness- Lai Mohammed
- Adorable photo of Mikel Obi and his daughter
- ''I detest any religion or tradition that supports child marriage'' - actress Shan George
- 2019: Mohammed Junaid steps down as Donald Duke's running mate
Manchester United have described reports that manager Jose Mourinho and Paul Pogba had a big bust-up as “absolute nonsense”, insisting that their relationship is good, Sky Sports reports.
Rumours surfaced on Thursday that Mourinho had warned Pogba not to speak out to the media and he should ask for a transfer if he wanted to quit the club.
Pogba had hit back by telling Mourinho he should go through his agent, Mino Raiola, if he planned to speak to him formally again.
It is believed that United rejected an offer for the midfielder from Barcelona earlier in August and despite getting the captain’s armband for their Premier League’s opening win against Leicester, his comments after the game hinted at tensions at Old Trafford.
“If you’re not happy, you cannot give your best. There are things that I cannot say otherwise I will get fined,” the France star had said.
It was a man-of-the-match performance in the 2-1 victory over Leicester that had Mourinho describing the 25-year-old as a “monster”.
United have been incensed by these stories calling them “absolute nonsense” as they insisted that the relationship between Pogba and Mourinho remained “good”.