- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
The Enugu State Government has announced its plan to commence the immediate and comprehensive repairs of emerging potholes on urban carriageways in Enugu and Nsukka, including the intercity roads “to ensure adequate maintenance and sustainability of our roads for safe passage at all times”.
A statement by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. (Sir) Greg Nnaji, stated that “the State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure Operations Team has taken inventory of potholes at the various locations and made adequate provisions for on-the-spot remediation works”.
The Commissioner added that the repairs will be carried out simultaneously at the different clusters/zones for effective impact and an aggressive maintenance campaign, in keeping with the state government’s urban renewal agenda.
He therefore, appealed to “the general public, the good people of Enugu State, road users including those passing through the state”, to exercise caution during the maintenance exercise.