- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
The Enugu State Government has announced its plan to commence the immediate and comprehensive repairs of emerging potholes on urban carriageways in Enugu and Nsukka, including the intercity roads “to ensure adequate maintenance and sustainability of our roads for safe passage at all times”.
A statement by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. (Sir) Greg Nnaji, stated that “the State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure Operations Team has taken inventory of potholes at the various locations and made adequate provisions for on-the-spot remediation works”.
The Commissioner added that the repairs will be carried out simultaneously at the different clusters/zones for effective impact and an aggressive maintenance campaign, in keeping with the state government’s urban renewal agenda.
He therefore, appealed to “the general public, the good people of Enugu State, road users including those passing through the state”, to exercise caution during the maintenance exercise.