- Buhari would rather lose than rig 2019 elections - Femi Adesina
- Diddy's twins spotted out for the first time since the death of their mother
- Photo of LASU graduate’s original certificate found at a suya spot
- You are a true democrat, you will rise again - Buhari tells Jonathan
- Goodluck Jonathan reveals those behind his defeat In 2015
FIFA has warned Ghana’s government to halt its attempt to disband the country’s Football Association or face expulsion from international football, ESPN reports.
In a letter addressed to the two-man liaison team currently responsible for the administration of football in the country, FIFA said it views ongoing liquidation process by the government as an interference in the administration of football.
“To date, the scope of the investigation into the allegations of widespread match-fixing and corruption within the GFA remains unclear.
“However, the Bureau considers that the petition introduced by the Attorney General to the High Court of Justice to start the liquidation process of the GFA constitutes an undue influence in the affairs of the GFA in contravention of art. 14 par. 1 of the FIFA Statutes,” the letter read.
FIFA added that if the petition was not withdrawn by 10:00 GMT on August 27, the GFA will be suspended with immediate effect.