- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
Liverpool have referred an incident caught on video, of Mohamed Salah allegedly using a cell phone while driving to the Merseyside police.
In a video posted on Twitter, Salah appeared to be on his phone while sitting in traffic and surrounded by a number of people.
It is unclear where or when the video was taken.
Merseyside Police, in a tweet, confirmed they had been made aware of the incident after a Liverpool spokesperson said: “The club, after discussion with the player, have made Merseyside Police aware of the footage and the circumstances surrounding its capture.
“We have spoken to the player also and will deal with any follow-up internally.
“Neither the club or player will be making any further comment on this matter.”
Merseyside police said they “have been made aware of a video believed to show a footballer using a mobile phone whilst driving” and have passed it onto the relevant department.