- FG to shut down Enugu airport for 'security reasons'
- Nigerian homosexuals are now the top asylum seekers in Canada - New Report
- I started robbing only women after losing N6m in sports betting - Abuja robbery suspect
- Former President Jonathan speaks on withdrawing ‘Billions’ from Nigerian treasury
- Jose Mourinho to return to management in July after Manchester United sacking
A petition on Change.org titled “Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers.” now has over 440,000 signatures.
The petition reads; “showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on,. This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!”
The goal of the petition is to gather 500,000 signatures of people dissatisfied with how the eighth and final season of the show is playing out.
However, despite the fact that some people aren’t digging it, they certainly are watching it. According to HBO, Season 8 of the series is averaging 43 million viewers per episode in gross audience, an increase of more than ten million viewers compared to Season 7.
“Game of Thrones” penultimate episode, titled “The Bells,” which Sunday, was watched by a record 18.4 million viewers across all of HBO’s platforms. That exceeded the previous series high of 17.8 million viewers two weeks ago for “The Long Night” episode which focused on the Battle of Winterfell.
The much anticipated series finale is set to air this Sunday.
The showrunners knew there would be plenty of debate over the final season. Benioff and Weiss talked to Entertainment Weekly before it started airing and Benioff told EW, “From the beginning, we’ve talked about how the show would end.”