- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr had admitted that they are not among favourites to win the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Nigeria has only lost once to an African team since Rohr’s appointment three years ago, but the Franco-German coach is not getting carried away by that stat.
“We stand a chance of surprising people at the tournament because of our quality but we are not among the favourites to lift the title.
“I know we are capable but they are other teams from Africa who are presently ahead of us.
“Our team has a bit of experience now but we are way younger than even when we went to the World Cup in Russia because some players like Victor Moses and Elderson Echiejile are not with us at the moment.
“We’re still learning to do well in tournaments while the likes of Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast and the host Egypt have players with huge experience in tournament,” Rohr told OwnGoalNigeria.