- Osun LG chair appears before Assembly's committee over alleged misappropriation of N270m allocation
- nsecurity: Fani-Kayode blasts FG for asking Obasanjo to withdraw comments on ‘Islamization, Fulanization of Nigeria’
- EPL: Chelsea ordered to pay Conte £9million
- Solskjaer 'offers Paul Pogba captaincy at Manchester United' in bid to convince him to stay and shun Real Madrid move
- 2019 Copa America: Argentina releases 23-man squad, drops Icardi [Full list]
The Osun State Police Commissioner, Abiodun Ige has dispelled news on some online media that a couple were shot dead by some suspected political thugs in the post election violence that broke out in Ilare, a town in Obokun Local Government Area of the state.
Ige made this known in a release signed by the command’s Public Relations Officer, Folasade Odoro on Wednesday.
According to the CP, “No one was shot, the people arrested committed electoral offence and the Commissioner of Police has beefed up security across the state and Ilare while warning trouble makers to desist as the long arm of the law will be melted on whosoever causing break down of law and order.”
The CP noted that the report published in most online media platforms are misleading, spurious, and politically motivated.
She however charged journalists to always use their media to promote peace and harmonious coexistence within the people of the state and country at large.
Ige asked media practitioners to always consider the country’s political momentum before publishing.
The release revealed that some men who were believed to be political thugs were arrested during the last Saturday Presidential and National Assembly elections and that no one was shot by either the police or the suspected thugs.