- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Nigeria’s former Head of State, Abdulsalami Abubakar has called on all candidates to accept the outcome of the presidential election that took place yesterday despite the reports of violence and death across many polling units in the country.
The former head of state said this while addressing journalists after he cast his vote at the Hill Top, Water Tank polling unit in Chanchaga Local Government Area on Saturday. He called on the contestants to be aware that only one of them would emerge the winner and urged those who lost to concede defeat for the sake of peace.
Abubakar, who said without peace there would be no election, appealed to all contestants to accept the results when they are released, regardless of if they win or lose. “I want to appeal to all contestants to know that only one of them will emerge the winner, and I hope the losers will accept,” he said.