- LAUTECH graduate burns his Bsc, NYSC certificates after 5 years of joblessness
- How Osun residents contributed N1.5m ransom that freed kidnapped traditional chief
- Newly elected APC legislators from Osun charged to be disciplined, selfless in service
- If chapter 2 of 1999 constitution can be enforced, Nigeria's democracy will be strong- Oyetola
- Engage public officials in critical criticism like in military era, varsity professor charges journalists
…says ‘we left CBN in frustration after waiting without seeing anything”
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Osun State has alleged that it left the premises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, alongside other opposition political parties in frustration on Thursday after election materials failed to arrive the state.
It therefore expressed fear of looming crises that would ground the electoral processes in the state.
This revelation was contained in a statement issues on Friday by the state chairman of PDP, Soji Adagunogo.
Adagunogo accused ruling All Progressives Congress of insensitively over the alleged development.
He said, “reliable information just affirmed that the sensitive and non-sensitive materials that are being distributed in all other states of the federation now have not been sent to Osun State as at this time.
” All political parties that gathered at the Central Bank of Nigeria to witness the distribution of the materials left the premises in frustration as they were told that the materials have not yet arrived.
“According to political parties representatives at the CBN, only the All Progressives Congress representatives appeared not perturbed about the situation which is an indication of his pre-knowledge of the situation.
“If at this time no single material is distributed in Osun State that has the highest number of rural communities and difficult terrains in about 36 hours to the election, we are suspicious of an impending doom for democratic practice in Nigeria, the states where INEC offices were burnt do not have problems of material distribution and it is still foggy why Isolated election is being planned for Osun State.
We hope INEC will be alive to it’s INDEPENDENT Responsibility,” Adagunodo said.