- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Mauro Icardi has been stripped of the Inter Milan captaincy and replaced with goalkeeper Samir Handanovic amid speculation the Argentina forward is set to leave the club.
The Italian club announced on Wednesday that, “the club can confirm that Samir Handanovic is the new captain of the team”.
The switch comes as Icardi, 25, has yet to sign a new contract amid protracted negotiations between the club and his wife Wanda Nara, who also acts as his agent. The Argentine has been left out of the team’s Europa League round of 32, first-leg game at Rapid Vienna on Thursday.
Icardi, valued at 100 million euros ($113 million), has been linked with a move away from Italy to Spanish giants Real Madrid or Chelsea in England. The forward joint top scorer in Serie A last season with 29 goals has scored 15 this season in all competitions but has gone seven Serie A games without a goal.