- LAUTECH graduate burns his Bsc, NYSC certificates after 5 years of joblessness
- How Osun residents contributed N1.5m ransom that freed kidnapped traditional chief
- Newly elected APC legislators from Osun charged to be disciplined, selfless in service
- If chapter 2 of 1999 constitution can be enforced, Nigeria's democracy will be strong- Oyetola
- Engage public officials in critical criticism like in military era, varsity professor charges journalists
President Buhari has once again hinted at probing the Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan administrations over the $16 billion spent on power projects that in no way improved power supply in Nigeria.
Speaking at the APC rally in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state on Tuesday, February 12th, President Buhari pledged that his administration will go after those that mismanaged the money meant for the development of the sector.
Recall that in 2018, President Buhari while speaking in the state house, said those that mismanaged funds meant for the power sector from 1999-2017, had questions to answer.
Speaking about the power sector at the presidential rally, President Buhari said
“You know we are building roads. The railway was virtually killed. We are rebuilding it and there was no power, we are bringing power back. The previous government mentioned on their own that they spent 16 billion American dollars for power. But you are better witnesses than myself. Where is the power? Where is the money? We will follow them and eventually God willing we will get them and we will get our money back”.