- LAUTECH graduate burns his Bsc, NYSC certificates after 5 years of joblessness
- How Osun residents contributed N1.5m ransom that freed kidnapped traditional chief
- Newly elected APC legislators from Osun charged to be disciplined, selfless in service
- If chapter 2 of 1999 constitution can be enforced, Nigeria's democracy will be strong- Oyetola
- Engage public officials in critical criticism like in military era, varsity professor charges journalists
No fewer than 7 persons lost their lives in a stampede that happened at the APC Presidential rally in Rivers state today Tuesday, February 12th.
The rally which held at the Adokiye Amasiamaka Stadium Portharcourt, had more occupants than it could contain. As the crowd began to spill out of the stadium, a stampede ensued and seven persons were counted dead after the situation was brought under control.
Their remains have since been deposited in the morgue. See more photos from the scene below