- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
Seun Kuti, the Afrobeat singer, and son of the late legend, Fela, has been listed as one of the performers at the 61st Grammy Awards.
Seun Kuti, who was nominated for Best World Music Album will perform with Malian singer/songwriter, Fatoumata Diawara, at the award’s Premiere Ceremony on February 10.
A statement on the Grammys’ website reads: “The 61st Grammy Awards will start off with sizzle as the lineup for the Grammy Awards Premiere Ceremony has been revealed, led by Mr. Boombastic himself, Grammy winner and current nominee, Shaggy as host.
“The prelude to music’s biggest night will also feature performances by current nominated singer/songwriter Snatam Kaur, trumpeter Craig Morris and dance duo Sofi Tukker.
Nigerian Afrobeat artist, Seun Kuti and Malian singer/songwriter Fatoumata Diawara will also perform together, and Ángela Aguilar, Aida Cuevas, and Natalia Lafourcade will unite for the first time ever to perform “La Llorona,” a Mexican folkloric classic all three artists have recorded during their career.
All of the premiere ceremony performers and the host are nominated this year, as are most of the presenters. Kuti & Egypt 80 are nominated for Best World Music Album for ‘Black Times.’”