- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
- Electoral corruption is the worst form of corruption - Ibrahim Magu
- Land speculator bags 70-years jail term for forgery in Abuja
- AFCON 2019: Rohr reveals why Super Eagles are not favourites to win trophy
Spanish giant, Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Ajax and Holland midfielder, Frenkie de Jong.
The 21-year-old shunned the host of top European clubs, including Manchester City and PSG to sign a five-year deal at the Nou Camp in a £65m deal.
He will see out the season in Amsterdam before joining up with his new team-mates in the summer.
Frankie’s arrival was announced on the club’s Twitter page, via a video of tweets telling the Catalan giants to ‘announce de Jong’.
President Josep Maria Bartomeu tweeted: ‘With the arrival of Frenkie De Jong we add talent, youth and Barca style to our sporting project.
‘We are convinced that he will be a key part of our team for years to come. Welcome, Frenkie!’
The Dutch midfielder is the third signing made by Barcelona this month after the arrivals of Kevin-Prince Boateng and Jeison Murillo.