- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
- Electoral corruption is the worst form of corruption - Ibrahim Magu
- Land speculator bags 70-years jail term for forgery in Abuja
- AFCON 2019: Rohr reveals why Super Eagles are not favourites to win trophy
A Magistrate’s Court in Osun has remanded a 27-year- old man, Oluwatomisin Oyelakin, a school bus driver in prison custody for allegedly defiling a 4-year- old girl.
The Magistrate, Mrs Rofiat Olayemi , had ordered the accused person to be remanded in prison custody due to the magnitude of the offence committed.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Temitope Fatoba, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence on January 15, 2019 at about 4:00pm, within Osogbo metropolis.
Fatoba said the defendant defiled and raped the toddler who happened to be the last pupil on his bus while going to drop the pupil.
He said the offence committed contravened sections 360 and 218 of the criminal code cap 34 vol.11,laws of Osun, 2003.
The plea of the defendant was not taken by the court.
The Magistrate, however, ordered the defendant to be remanded in prison custody pending a formal bail application on the next date of adjournment.
The court was adjourned till February 28 for ruling on bail.