- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
Arsenal playmaker, Mesut Ozil, has sent a clear message to manager Unai Emery ahead of Saturday’s must-win match against Chelsea, by declaring himself available for selection.
The 30-year-old was left out of the squad last weekend for tactical reasons, the third time he has missed a match on that basis this season.
Ozil also continues to struggle with various back and knee injuries.
Arsenal’s defeat at West Ham left them six points behind Chelsea in the race for fourth place and defeat at the Emirates would almost certainly signal the end of their challenge for Champions League qualification via the league.
Emery has reportedly told the former Germany international to seek a new club in the summer and according to Corriere dello Sport, Ozil has already been offered to Milan.
The former Real Madrid playmaker, meanwhile, has no intention of leaving Arsenal and is said to be working hard in the gym, in a bid to convince Emery he is worthy of a place in his starting XI.
On Friday, he tweeted: “Another week of full team training done. Feeling good & confident”.
Asked whether Ozil would feature this weekend, Emery said on Thursday: “He has injuries, where sometimes he is okay, sometimes not okay. I want every player to be okay for every match and he is the same.
“He didn’t play the last game but this Saturday he could possibly be with us. Now he is training consistently.
“I want every player to give consistency. This is not always easy. What is most important is how he can help us.”