- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
Ayodele Fayose, former Ekiti State Governor, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) to ensure he attends the presidential debate slated for tomorrow.
Fayose, factional head of the South West campaign organisation of Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), made the call on Friday.
Messrs Buhari and Abubakar are major contestants in the presidential election scheduled for February 16. They are expected to participate in the debate.
Also, there are insinuations in some quarters that the president who seeks a second term in office will dodge the debate. The media have not been able to confirm if President Buhari would debate his challengers personally or through proxy.
Weighing-in on the matter, Fayose wrote on Twitter: “They challenged @atiku to travel to US, he is there now. We are challenging President Buhari to come and debate tomorrow, no excuse!”
Recall that Atiku yesterday travelled to the United States for business and political engagements.
Since he left office, Atiku has been unable to visit the country, this the All Progressive Congress (APC) maintained was because of corruption allegations involving him at the U.S.
Atiku’s visit has rattled the APC-led adminstration, forcing it to dug out a fresh corruption allegation against the former number two citizen.
The government said the former vice president has issues to clarify on his role on the collapse of Bank PHB.