- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi, has said that he was “proud” to have scored 400 La Liga goals for his side.
Messi became the first-ever player to reach 400 goals in LaLiga history after he netted in Barcelona’s 3-0 win over Eibar at Camp Nou on Sunday.
The Argentine forward has been La Liga’s all-time top goalscorer since November 2014, when he overtook Telmo Zarra at the top of the rankings. Former Athletic Bilbao striker Zarra had held the record since the 1950s with 251 goals.
“I’m proud to have reached 400 goals and I hope I can get some more,” Messi told Mundo Deportivo on Wednesday.
“I don’t focus much on the records or numbers, I prefer to focus on the day-to-day. More than just scoring goals, I think of each game as a challenge where we have to go to win to add three points and fight for La Liga, the tournament that rewards the most consistent team.
“I try to help, but not only with a goal, also with some assists or even participating in some key moves.
“It is clear that without the help of all my colleagues, those I have now and those who were before, it would have been impossible to score the 400.”