- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
A student of Abia State University has narrated the unique way he handled a sassy student who tried to be smart with him during his class.
Chris Ifeanyi, who took up teaching to pass time as the ASUU strike continues, said he asked a question in class and one of his students gave a sarcastic reply. Other students expected him to punish the girl and waited with trepidation but he had other thoughts.
He narrated the incident, writing:
I volunteered to teach some secondary school students literature while ASUU thinks its my destiny they are playing with. A bell went off and since I am not yet familiar with their bell signals, I asked the class if that bell was for going home.
One girl answered with side talk “No sir it’s for assembly”
I heard her, the class heard her too and took to that hushing silence of trepidation as per someone has spoken out of turn and should expect the worst ? ? ?
“Class, do you all realise what she just did?”
“She just insulted you”
“Oh no, she gave us an example in figures of speech, Sarcasm. And for a topic we have not yet broached Emmanuella has displayed excellent wisdom hence, she’d be leading the discussion in our next class which would be figures of speech” I changed scheme of work ? ? ?
“I’m sorry Mr Chris, I was just playing”
“it’s alright my dear, the best way to learn is by playing”
You will die on top of question tomorrow, you think you can talk anyhow