- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
Former Vice President and the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has promised to review the condition of service of servicemen if elected as president.
He said this in a special service in remembrance of those who lost their lives in defence of the nation.
The event was held at the Ondo State PDP Secretariat in Akure on Tuesday.
According to the PDP standard bearer, the servicemen deserve the best for dedicating their lives for peace and stability of the country.
He said: “Since the First World War, Nigeria has lot many souls in defense of the country and various peacekeeping efforts”.
“We are gathered here in Akure to join others in remembrance of these fallen heroes and pray for the sustenance of their respective families”.
“As we remember those who have laid their lives in defense of their fatherland, I commit myself to make sure our servicemen are given the best in terms of condition of service when in office by the special grace of God.”
Atiku prayed for the repose of the souls of the fallen heroes to rest in perfect peace.