- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
Former Vice President and the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has promised to review the condition of service of servicemen if elected as president.
He said this in a special service in remembrance of those who lost their lives in defence of the nation.
The event was held at the Ondo State PDP Secretariat in Akure on Tuesday.
According to the PDP standard bearer, the servicemen deserve the best for dedicating their lives for peace and stability of the country.
He said: “Since the First World War, Nigeria has lot many souls in defense of the country and various peacekeeping efforts”.
“We are gathered here in Akure to join others in remembrance of these fallen heroes and pray for the sustenance of their respective families”.
“As we remember those who have laid their lives in defense of their fatherland, I commit myself to make sure our servicemen are given the best in terms of condition of service when in office by the special grace of God.”
Atiku prayed for the repose of the souls of the fallen heroes to rest in perfect peace.