- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
A truck carrying APC branded bags of rice in Ekiti state, crushed over 20 persons to death last night Saturday, January 12th. According to reports, the truck was transporting the branded rice from Abuja, and was en route the Ifaki-Iworoko road in Ado Ekiti, when the accident occurred.
The trailer caused multiple accidents on Iworoko road, as it also affected an 18-seater Toyota bus and a Toyota Corrolla car, thereby causing heavy traffic.
Eyewitnesses say the driver of the truck lost control of the wheels and rammed into the market which was close to the road in Iworoko. Many traders, who were still selling at night, were affected.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, Caleb Ikechukwu, said
“The accident actually happened at Iworoko road in Ado Ekiti just this evening and I heard that there were causalities, but I cannot give figures. I am yet to get proper briefing about it. I learnt that the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of that area is now on his way to the scene. So, I cannot give you the details, until he is back to brief us” he said
The remains of the dead persons have been deposited in the morgue.