- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
Embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria(CJN), Walter Onnoghen,says he forgot to declare his asset when he assumed offie as Chief Justice.
According to Premium Times, Onnoghen said this in a statement he sent to the Code of Conduct Tribunal CCB on Friday January 11th.
“My asset declaration form numbers SCN 00014 and SCN 00005 were declared on the same day, 14/12/2016 because I forgot to make a declaration of my assets after the expiration of my 2005 declaration in 2009. Following my appointment as acting CJN in November, 2016, the need to declare my assets anew made me to realize the mistake.
“I then did the declaration to cover the period in default. I did not include my standard charted bank account in SCN 000014 because I believed they were not opened. I did not make a fresh declaration of asset after my substantive appointment as CJN because I was under the impression that my SCN 000015 was to cover that period of four years which includes my term as CJN,” Mr Onnoghen said in his statement dated January 11