- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
- Electoral corruption is the worst form of corruption - Ibrahim Magu
- Land speculator bags 70-years jail term for forgery in Abuja
- AFCON 2019: Rohr reveals why Super Eagles are not favourites to win trophy
Lionel Messi became the first-ever player to reach 400 goals in LaLiga, after he netted in Barcelona’s 3-0 win over Eibar at Camp Nou on Sunday.
Messi, 31, has now scored eight goals in his last five league games, including a double against Espanyol and a hat-trick against Levante.
Luis Suarez opened the scoring, before Messi made it 2-0.
In total, Messi has now netted 25 goals in just 23 appearances in all competitions this season, including 17 in the league.
The Argentine forward has been La Liga’s all-time top goalscorer since November 2014, when he overtook Telmo Zarra at the top of the rankings. Former Athletic Bilbao striker Zarra had held the record since the 1950s with 251 goals.
Messi has also been Barca’s top scorer in all competitions for a number of years.
After his goal against Eibar, his tally stands at 575, ahead of Cesar (232 goals) and Laszlo Kubala (194 goals).