- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
Over 30 years after Eddie Murphy starred as Prince Akeem in Coming to America, the actor will star in a sequel that’ll be scripted by Black-ish creator Kenya Barris.
Plans for a sequel to the classic 1988 comedy were first announced in 2017 with director Jonathan Levine and Coming to America‘s original screenwriters on board but it didn’t follow through.
“After many years of anticipation, I’m thrilled that Coming to America 2 is officially moving forward. We’ve assembled a great team that will be led by Craig Brewer, who just did an amazing job on Dolemite, and I’m looking forward to bringing all these classic and beloved characters back to the big screen” Murphy said in a statement.
The sequel will revolve around Murphy’s Prince Akeem returning to America to seek out his long-lost son, the heir to the throne of the African nation Zamunda.