- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
- Electoral corruption is the worst form of corruption - Ibrahim Magu
- Land speculator bags 70-years jail term for forgery in Abuja
- AFCON 2019: Rohr reveals why Super Eagles are not favourites to win trophy
Barcelona want to get rid of Munir El Haddadi this month after the forward snubbed an offer to extend his contract beyond the end of the season.
Munir’s terms expire in the summer and he has decided not to renew his deal with the club.
That decision did not go down well with Barcelona and Munir was told before Christmas, that he would no longer be called up for first-team duty.
The once-capped Spain international is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with any club ahead of a free transfer in the summer, but manager Ernesto Valverde says the best outcome would be for him to leave in the current transfer window.
“It seems Munir has taken a decision and, evidently, the club have also made a decision.
“We want a solution as soon as possible. If that can be this month, even better,” Valverde said in a news conference on Wednesday.
Valverde added he had “nothing against” Munir and seemed to infer that the decision to freeze him out of the first team’s plans was a stance adopted by the club.
ESPN FC reports that there’s interest from various teams in Spain, England and Italy in signing the striker.