- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC have arrested nine Internet fraudsters popularly known as Yahoo-Yahoo boys, in Abuja.
According to a statement released by the agency, the suspects were arrested by the Advance Fee Fraud Section of the Commission on November 30, 2018 through an intelligence report received on the fraudulent activities of the suspected fraudsters residing somewhere along Airport Road, as they were obviously living above their means. Read part of the statement below
Operatives of the EFCC had carried out surveillance for days on the activities of the fraudsters before they swooped in on them.
The suspects are: Edwin Ogbomwan, Okouromi Franklin, Oseji Collins, Collins Onyekwuluje, Anyanechi Ekene, Tony Oviasuyi, Chidi Emeshili, Osaigbovo Aiseos and Osaigbovo Ikponmnosa.
The suspects had turned their residence into a safe haven for fraudulent activities using it as a place of abode and an operational office with computers, laptops, phones, modems, sim cards and so many other tools used to defraud Nigerians and foreigners alike of their hard earned money and valuables.
The suspects had created an identity using the names Thomas Jerry Star and John Ben.
The suspects aged between 19 and 26 years were arrested with two GLK Mercedes Benz, One Toyota Camry, Lexus Jeep and other valuables worth millions of naira, which they acquired through the proceeds from their fraudulent activities. .
They are currently cooperating with the Commission and will be charged to court after investigations are concluded. .