- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
- Avoid acts that can instigate violence during elections, expert advises Nigerians
The lingering strike action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities ASUU will continue as the meeting between the leadership of the academic union and the Federal government ended in a deadlock today December 4th. The meeting which held at the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu’s office, failed to see both parties reach an agreement.
The Union began their strike action on November 5th to demand better funding for universities and alleged plans by the Federal government to increase student fees.
Speaking to newsmen after the meeting, ASUU president Biodun Ogunyemi, said
”We have been meeting but we are yet to reach any concrete decision”.