- PDP reveals why leaders of Osun APC disliked late Adeleke
- Waste collectors arrest Police officer, 40 other Osun residents for indiscriminate dumping of refuse
- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the list of governorship candidates in Imo State, conspicuously omitting the name of the candidate representing the ruling All Progressives Congress.
In the list published today at its Owerri office, the electoral body had 67 governorship candidates and their respective running mates.
Some of those who made the list are the former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha (PDP), Senator Ifeanyi Ararume (APGA), Honorable Tony Nwulu (UPP), Linus Okorie (YPP) among others.
The development comes one day after a Federal High Court sitting in Owerri, the state capital issued an interim injunction restraining the APC and INEC from substituting or publishing any name other than those of winners of the October 6 primaries.
There have been controversies as to who would be the governorship candidate of the party in the 2019 election.
While the state governor, Rochas Okorocha had declared his son in-law, Uche Nwosu, winner of the party primary held on October 6th, the National Working Committeee of the party declared Senator Hope Uzodinma winner of the October 1st party primary which allegedly did not hold in the state.