- PDP reveals why leaders of Osun APC disliked late Adeleke
- Waste collectors arrest Police officer, 40 other Osun residents for indiscriminate dumping of refuse
- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has accused the Federal Government of stopping Prince Charles of Wales from visiting the Niger Delta that produces the nation’s wealth.
Speaking when he granted audience to international preacher, Evangelist Daniel Kolenda at Government House in Port Harcourt, Governor Wike wondered what parameters were used in confining the Prince of Wales to Abuja and Lagos. He said the actions of the APC Federal Government in the course of the visit of Prince of Wales undercored the negativity that has characterised governance under the present administration.
“The Prince of Wales came to Nigeria and they took him to Abuja and Lagos. They didn’t want him to see the suffering people of the Niger Delta. It is our money and resources that they used to develop Lagos and Abuja. Yet they did not want the Prince of Wales to see how they have neglected the area that produces the wealth of the nation. Look at the sitting arrangement of their photograph with the Prince of Wales and where they placed the producers of national wealth?” he said
Governor Wike added that the action of the APC Federal Government is very painful.