- LAUTECH graduate burns his Bsc, NYSC certificates after 5 years of joblessness
- How Osun residents contributed N1.5m ransom that freed kidnapped traditional chief
- Newly elected APC legislators from Osun charged to be disciplined, selfless in service
- If chapter 2 of 1999 constitution can be enforced, Nigeria's democracy will be strong- Oyetola
- Engage public officials in critical criticism like in military era, varsity professor charges journalists
Celta Vigo forward, Lago Aspas, has said that Cristiano Ronaldo covered up a lot of weaknesses while he was at Real Madrid.
Aspas, a former Liverpool striker, stated this ahead of Celta Vigo’s clash with Real Madrid on Sunday.
Ronaldo left Santiago Bernabeu in the summer after nine successful years in the Spanish capital.
The Portuguese superstar announced his departure just weeks after helping Real Madrid to their third Champions League crown in a row.
Ronaldo scored over 50 goals for each of his last eight seasons at Madrid.
Following Ronaldo’s exit, Real have struggled with new boss Julen Lopetegui already sacked.
And Aspas believes Lopetegui missed Ronaldo’s goals during his short stint in charge at the Bernabeu.
“In football, it’s results business,” Aspas said.
“There isn’t time for you to implement your system
“There were a lot of changes.
“The departure of Cristiano, whose goals covered up a lot of their weaknesses… to see Real Madrid in eighth or ninth place, it’s understandable that the directors would become anxious.”