- "No one knows tomorrow" woman says as her former boss during NYSC becomes a corps member serving in her state
- PDP members are disappointed Buhari refused to die after his illness- Lai Mohammed
- Adorable photo of Mikel Obi and his daughter
- ''I detest any religion or tradition that supports child marriage'' - actress Shan George
- 2019: Mohammed Junaid steps down as Donald Duke's running mate
Celta Vigo forward, Lago Aspas, has said that Cristiano Ronaldo covered up a lot of weaknesses while he was at Real Madrid.
Aspas, a former Liverpool striker, stated this ahead of Celta Vigo’s clash with Real Madrid on Sunday.
Ronaldo left Santiago Bernabeu in the summer after nine successful years in the Spanish capital.
The Portuguese superstar announced his departure just weeks after helping Real Madrid to their third Champions League crown in a row.
Ronaldo scored over 50 goals for each of his last eight seasons at Madrid.
Following Ronaldo’s exit, Real have struggled with new boss Julen Lopetegui already sacked.
And Aspas believes Lopetegui missed Ronaldo’s goals during his short stint in charge at the Bernabeu.
“In football, it’s results business,” Aspas said.
“There isn’t time for you to implement your system
“There were a lot of changes.
“The departure of Cristiano, whose goals covered up a lot of their weaknesses… to see Real Madrid in eighth or ninth place, it’s understandable that the directors would become anxious.”