- Yahoo boy, Temitope Teslim bags 16 months jail term for Internet fraud
- Barcelona signs Holland midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for £65m
- PDP accuses APC of renting crowds at campaign rallies, slams Oshiomole
- FG drags National Broadcasting Commission DG, Modibbo Kawu, to court over alleged N2.5bn fraud
- 'Don’t relent, continue farming' - President Buhari tell Nigerians
Real Madrid interim coach, Santi Solari, has said his players deserved all the praise, after Wednesday’s 5-0 Champions League Group A win at Viktoria Plzen.
The result keeps the Champions League holders on course to make the last-16 of this year’s competition.
Solari is also the first Madrid manager since the 1950s to win each of his first three games in charge, while keeping three clean sheets.
The Argentine was asked at the postgame news conference in Plzen, how he had made such a difference to a team, which had taken just one point from the last five games under previous coach Julen Lopetegui.
“The players are those who have achieved this, those who go onto the pitch and play the game so seriously.
“We played a very serious game from start to finish, you cannot win 5-0 in the Champions League without that.
“Today the players showed their quality — we saw some really beautiful goals today. There are great players in this team. They are capable of going as far as they want. They have shown that in the past. They have no limit. Once they play with this seriousness, commitment and wanting to score… We must keep going forward with humility, hard work and aggression in attack,” Solari responded.