- Osun LG chair appears before Assembly's committee over alleged misappropriation of N270m allocation
- nsecurity: Fani-Kayode blasts FG for asking Obasanjo to withdraw comments on ‘Islamization, Fulanization of Nigeria’
- EPL: Chelsea ordered to pay Conte £9million
- Solskjaer 'offers Paul Pogba captaincy at Manchester United' in bid to convince him to stay and shun Real Madrid move
- 2019 Copa America: Argentina releases 23-man squad, drops Icardi [Full list]
Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has singled out midfielder, Marouane Fellaini for praise following his side’s 2-1 win over Juventus in the Champions League fixture played on Wednesday night at the Allianz Stadium.
Juan Mata’s free-kick and an own goal from defender, Alex Sandro helped Mourinho’s side secure three points in Turin as forward, Cristiano Ronaldo’s lone goal was not enough to get a draw for the hosts.
Mourinho said Fellaini was the game changer in the Red Devil’s 2-1 victory against their hosts.
“We managed to win because we played a very, very positive match and we looked for the victory to the very end. We looked for it,’ Metro UK quoted Mourinho as saying at post-match.
“Fellaini changes the game, most often at home. We didn’t have him in the first leg, Juventus introduced [Andrea] Barzagli to control us, but we immediately went direct and got the goals.”
Mourinho’s men will now tackle Manchester City in their next fixture on Sunday in the Premier League.