- Male nurse arrested after woman in coma for 14 years gives birth in hospital
- Yahoo boy, Temitope Teslim bags 16 months jail term for Internet fraud
- Barcelona signs Holland midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for £65m
- PDP accuses APC of renting crowds at campaign rallies, slams Oshiomole
- FG drags National Broadcasting Commission DG, Modibbo Kawu, to court over alleged N2.5bn fraud
Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand has singled out Anthony Martial as Red Devils’ standout performer during the 2-1 win against Juventus.
United scored twice in the final five minutes of the match to stun the Italian giants, who have lost just twice at home in Europe in the last 15 years.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored the first goal with an incredible volley midway through the first half but Juan Mata’s free-kick got United back on level terms before Marouane Fellaini forced an own goal in the dying minutes.
Though the three points was generously given by Juventus, United deserved something for their display and Ferdinand believes Martial embodied everything that was good about Jose Mourinho’s side.
“Exactly what we wanted, going into the derby at the weekend as well, what a fantastic result,” Metro UK quoted Ferdinand as saying.
“Confidence I’m sure will be on the rise. ‘What a difficult place to go, this stadium, they’ve made it a fortress over the last couple of years.
“The substitutions, Jose’s got to take huge credit. Mata coming on got the goal, Fellaini causing havoc in there as well.
“I think that the substitutes played a really vital part in the ending of this match.
“But Martial I think deserves special mention, I thought he was Man United’s best player on the day.”